Harney & Sons Teas
I used to work in a cafe that ordered their loose teas from Harney and Sons! It is just THE BEST! I've tried quite a few, but I have an extensive list that will grow faster than I can try them. I have spent hours on their site fantasizing about a whole tea pantry filled with their teas!
Historic Royal Palaces Teas:
- Tropical Green: green teas and dominant pineapple flavor
- Tower of London: Chinese black teas are stirred with pieces of dried stone fruit, then finished with oil of bergamot and honey flavor. It has flavors similar to Earl Grey, Vanilla and Black Currant, and there is a touch of honey.
- Royal Wedding: Chinese mutan white tea buds, almond, coconut, vanilla, and a floral abundance of pink rosebuds and petals. This wedding blend differs from our regular wedding tea in that it contains almond and coconut extracts. Ingredients: Chinese white tea, rose petals, cornflowers, marigold petals, natural and artificial almond, coconut and vanilla flavors.
- Royal English Breakfast: The mellow dark honey flavors of the Kenilworth and complemented by the citrus and spice of the Kenyan Milima. They work perfectly with milk and sugar.
- Pomegranate Oolong: A lovely tasting oolong that is light and refreshing with strong flavors of pomegranate.
- Earl Grey Imperial: A blend of fine black teas, rich in natural Bergamot.
- Diamond Jubilee: This special edition tea has been created in celebration of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II's Diamond Jubilee (1952-2012) and her accession to the throne 60 years ago. This tea is a bespoke blend which includes the Queen's favourite, earl grey tea, plus black teas, lemony bergamot, and grapefruit essences.
- Canton Green: green teas infused with orange oil.
- Blueberry Green: Chinese green tea has been artfully blended with lemongrass, blueberry, and vanilla.
- African Autumn: Rooibos, Cranberry and Oranges makes for a delicious combination.
HT Tea Blends:
- HT White Christmas: Mutan White,withsilvery green tips and forest green leaves, white chamomile flowers, almonds, cardamom, and vanilla.
- HT White Peach: Chinese Mutan White tea blended with the sweet notes of peach.
- HT Winter White Earl Grey: Chinese Mutan White tea with lemony natural Bergamot. HT Cherry Blossom: A blend of green teas and the vibrant flavor of plump, fragrant cherries.
- HT Chinese Flower: blend of green teas and three types of flowers accented with orange peel and citrus flavors.
- HT Green Tea with Thai Flavors, Green Tea with Coconut and Ginger: green teas, coconut, ginger, vanilla, and lemongrass.
- HT Chocolate Mint: black tea with chocolate flavoring and peppermint leaves.
- HT English Breakfast
- HT Ginger Liquorice: caffeine-free brew with liquorice, and ginger.
- HT Decaf Hot Cinnamon Spice
- HT Midsummer's Peach: decaf black tea scented with fresh peach flavors.
- HT Vanilla Comoro: Decaffeinated Vanilla Tea!
Ambessa Teas: Ambessa is a way to celebrate a world of cultures, traditions and flavors. These inspired interpretations of classic tea blends are made from the most carefully selected ingredients from all over the planet.
- Choco Nut: You can taste the velvety undertones of dark chocolate, caramel, and peanuts in this rich, aromatic black tea blend. Ingredients: Black teas, marigold petals, apricot, natural and artificial flavors. Does not contain nuts.
- Earl of Harlem: new take on an old classic adds an air of mystery to the traditional Earl Grey. Citrusy layers, bergamot and floral aromas mingle with lingering smoky base notes for a rich and fragrant finish
- Lingonberry Green: Years of Japanese and Scandinavian tradition come together in this elegant blend. The fruit-forward notes of tart Nordic lingonberries strike a delicate balance with the refreshing green tea. Ingredients: Japanese Green Tea, Lingonberries, natural and artificial flavors, and red cornflowers.
- Safari Breakfast: a robust blend of African black teas with a reassuringly rich aroma. A full-bodied breakfast tea, it's the embodiment of Africa's fine lineage of outstanding teas, spices and vibrancy.
- Eternal Love: There are hints of toasty honey from from the Assam, light coca flavors from the keemun, roasted fruit notes from the oolong and vegetal notes from Sencha all folded into a wonderful flavor.
- Birthday Tea: Birthday Tea: Hibiscus, Rosehips, Decaf Ceylon, Raspberry flavor, Blueberry flavor, Pomegranate flavor, Vanilla flavor, Spearmint, Peppermint, Marigold petals, Cornflowers.
- Blue Ginger: For years, we have been honored to supply the tea to Ming Tsai's famous restaurant: Blue Ginger. This blend is a heady combination of Fujian black tea and floral lychee fruit with a hint of ginger.
- Cranberry Autumn Tea: black tea blended with cranberry and orange flavors reflects the crisp days and colorful leaves of autumn.
- Love Life: blend of Bancha green tea with strawberry, coconut, vanilla, and puffed rice.
- Malachi McCormick: The unpretentious flavors of muted dark honey and unsweetened cocoa.
- Mother's Bouquet: chamomile flowers blended with rosebuds, cornflowers, and orange peel, infused with citrus flavor.
- RMS Titanic: a tea blend which reflects the quality of tea that was served on the Titanic. There is Chinese Keemun, one of the last teas British still consumed in 1912. The British had mostly switched to black teas from Assam, India and Ceylon. Also there is Formosa Oolong, which was popularized in both the UK and the US by an enterprising Brit.
- Valentine's Blend: chocolate tea and rosebuds.
- Wedding Tea: Mutan White tea with a touch of lemon-vanilla to taste, nicely offset with pink rose petals.
Herbal Teas & Fruit Teas:
- Mint Verbena: Caffeine-free mint with Lemon Verbena
- Rooibos Chai: caffeine-free redbush herbal from South Africa with sweet Indian spices of clove, cardamom, and cinnamon.
- Tilleul (Linden Leaves): a light and lively blend of the linden tree's fragrant flowers and leaves.
- Verveine: Lemon Verbena.
- Bamboo: Although not really tea, the pretty green leaves steep into a light, vegetal, and sweet brew. The darker notes of asparagus and other leaf vegetals make nice tasting herbal.
- Blood Orange Fruit Tea
- French Super Blue Lavender: This traditional herbal has a dark blue color and intense floral flavor.
- Mango Fruit Tea Dried fruit pieces, including mangoes.
- Soba Tea: Roasted Buckwheat
- Organic Bangkok: combination of green tea, lemongrass, vanilla, coconut, and ginger.
- Moroccan Mint: Gunpowder Green tea is blended with aromatic Peppermint leaves from Oregon to impart a unique brisk green tea experience.
- Caribe: a light fusion of green and black teas, hibiscus, guava, coconut and strawberry, accented with marigolds and cornflowers.
White Vanilla Grapefruit: White teas enriched by vanilla and brightened by grapefruit.
White Vanilla Grapefruit: White teas enriched by vanilla and brightened by grapefruit.
- Elaine's Blend: It is a unique combination of fine Darjeeling, Keemun, Ceylon and Assam. The fours teas: Darjeeling, Assam, Keemun and Ceylon.
- Golden Monkey: Golden Monkey Tea has large black leaves with gold woven in. A blend of cooked stone fruit such as baked apricots and the dry, but slight sugariness of semisweet chocolate. A mellow, nutty finish of roasted pecans
- Queen Catherine: We created this blend of three Chinese black teas in honor of Queen Catherine of Braganza, who introduced her love of tea to the British.
- Russian Country: A blend of four teas along with an additional touch of Lapsang, this is a softer version of Smoky Lapsang Souchong. The base teas have notes of muted malt, citrus, and stewed peaches, however all that is over-powered by the smokey aromas.
- Apple Cinnamon: Reminiscent of fall in New England.
- Earl Grey Supreme: A higher grade of teas along with the addition of Silver Tips. The lemony flavors are perfectly balanced with the delicious tea base.
- Apricot: A sweet and fruity tea with a strong apricot flavor.
- Boston: This is a blend of black tea, cranberry and almond flavors.
- Chocolate Tea: chocolate and tea.
- Citrus Blend: black teas with natural bergamot, grapefruit, and orange flavors. It is a sophisticated delight. This tea has many citrus flavors although orange and grapefruit may be the most obvious flavors.
- Holiday Tea: black tea spiced with citrus, almond, clove and cinnamon.
- Mango Black: A black tea with mango, like basking in the tropics.
- Rose Scented: large leaf tea from China is scented with rose oil and rosebuds.
- Sally's Secret: blend of our Earl Grey and pink rosebuds.
- Vanilla Black
- Viennese Earl Grey: Darjeeling tea base, our lightest version of Earl Grey.
Chopra Center Ayurvedic Teas:
- Chopra Center's Ginger Tea: Organic Ginger Root, Organic Lemon Peel, Organic Ginger Pieces and Organic Black Pepper.
- Invigorating: This balanced blend stirs up energy safely and naturally, without caffeine. Invigorating tea contains a fragrant blend of herbs that enhance vitality and invigoration: Ginger kindles the digestive fire. Cloves and black pepper warm and stimulate, while cardamom and allspice warm and balance. Robust cinnamon, peppermint, and orange peel refresh and rejuvenate. Contains organic cloves, organic ginger root, organic cinnamon bark, organic peppermint leaves, organic cardamom, organic allspice, organic orange peel and organic black pepper.
- Relaxing: Slow down and create warmth from the inside out with this Relaxing herbal blend. This delightfully aromatic tea will soothe, warm, and harmonize your body, mind and spirit. Contains organic cinnamon bark, organic roasted chicory root, organic ginger root, organic cardamom, organic nutmeg and organic licorice root.
- Soothing: This delightfully aromatic tea will soothe, cool, and harmonize your body, mind and spirit. Spearmint, as familiar as an old friend, puts you at ease. Coriander, the herbal firefighter, relieves an overheated digestive system. Cooling hibiscus and fennel, along with calming chamomile, citronella, and lemongrass round out this soothing blend, leaving you refreshed and enlivened. Contains organic spearmint leaves, organic coriander, organic fennel seeds, organic hibiscus flowers, organic peppermint leaves, organic citronella, organic chamomile flowers, organic lemongrass and natural flavor.
Harney & Sons Teas I've checked off my list so far!
- HT Yellow & Blue: chamomile, lavender, and corn flowers.
- HT Black Currant
- Chocolate Mint: a black tea with chocolate flavoring and peppermint leaves.
- Florence: Chocolate Hazelnut Tea.
- Peppermint: From Oregon comes a marvelous, brisk peppermint. *I have tried this. The place I worked used to carry it and I bought it in bulk. It is the best pure peppermint!
- Paris: A fruity black tea with vanilla and caramel flavors, and a hint of lemony Bergamot.
- Peaches & Ginger: It contains pieces of real peaches and ginger.
- Palace Gardens Chamomile: Very subtle apple flavors can be found in our mellow chamomile. It is grown in Europe and Mexico, but we like the sweetness of the flowers grown in Egypt. *I've also tried this. Another that I used to buy in bulk.
- Hot Cinnamon Spice: blend of black teas, three types of cinnamon, orange peel, and sweet cloves (no sugar added). I have this on my shelf right now!
- Green Tea with Coconut & Ginger: green teas, coconut, ginger, vanilla and lemongrass.